Mold Inspection

Some mold problems are obvious – you can see it growing. Others are not so obvious. If you can see mold, or if there is a musty odor in your home, you probably have a mold problem. Areas that are wet, or have been wet due to flooding, leaky plumbing, leaky roofing, or areas that are humid (such as bathrooms and laundry rooms) are most likely to have mold growth.

Mold spores have the potential to cause health problems and allergic reactions such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes and skin rash.  If you have a mold problem it is important to act quickly. Mold can result in severe damage to organic materials and the longer it grows the more damage it can cause.

Visible mold growth may be found underneath wallpaper and baseboards, behind walls, or may be evident by discolored plaster or drywall. If you don’t have any observable mold, but are experiencing symptoms likely to be mold-induced, the mold could be growing in areas you can’t see, such as the ducts of a heating/cooling system. In this case, the only way to know if you have mold spores is to test.

Our inspectors are trained to conduct sampling to detect the presence of these spores in your home. If you have visible mold, we can conduct a swab test that can be analyzed to determine the species of molds that are present. If airborne mold species identification is needed, we can perform air testing and provide lab analysis results After the samples are collected from your home (if needed) you will receive a comprehensive report from an EPA certified laboratory identifying the level and type of molds in your home in a comprehensive easy to read report.